Tuesday 6 November 2007

An Idea?

As usual, i'm sleepy again. I slept around 3:30 last night, like an idiot, busy talking to Kelvin and Druggie online.

But i'm not gonna fall asleep at work today! I have plenty of work! I have to run the gel for a sample of DNA i amplified yesterday (one of these days when i'm not so sleepy, i'll post exactly what i do at work.), and i have to learn a couple of new things, the western blot and OMPs (Outer-Membrane Proteins, both of which i cant elaborate on as i really am lacking in detailed information).

Anyway, the reason i was up so late was because my good friend Kelvin and i were having a dicussion on rising religious fundamentalism. Its really quite scary, people all over are getting beheaded and forcibly converted and all other nonsense like that. I'd post up my opinions on these inter-religious matters, but i'm too new to blogging, and i dont think writing out all my rather controversial thoughts would be a good idea.

I'd get beheaded.

But i cant just sit on my head and do nothing, can i? Doing nothing tends to frustrate me. So i racked my brains for possible ideas. They're actually quite limited. All those people telling you that ONE PERSON can make a difference in the world, yeah, they're a whole load of idiots. If you look at the world, you'll realise it doesnt give jack shit what you do.

One more osbstacle i had to overcome was my lack of a goal. I'm not against any religion, so slander is pointless. And i'm not trying to convert anyone either (let me try and work on the kinks in my faith, first), so propaganda wouldnt quite work either.

One of the ideas that crossed my mind was to open another blog. Here i'd post up every single bit of news regarding religious interactions, the good and bad, i can find. If i do start such a blog, it wouldnt have any reason other than to keep people informed. Of course i dont have magnificent resources, google will have to be good enough.

Another idea would be to build up an army of mutant zombies and take over the world, establishing my rule over all man. That way, i can destroy extremism!

But maybe i'm not quite ready for that sort of action. YET.

So maybe i'll start up a blog like that. I'd say i'm driven by a need to change the world (though i probably just want power), but my real motivation is fear. Its scary when not even young girls are safe from the senseless, ignorant violence carried out in the name of God.

So perhaps i'll start this blog, and try to help spread the word. Who knows, i might even manage to save a life or two. Its worth the shot.

I'll keep you updated.Screw Out.

No comments: