Sunday 4 November 2007

Number One

Well! My first blog post. I feel so very proud.
So let us record this exact moment. It is 12.17 pm, Sunday, the 4th of November 2007. I'm at work currently, but due to the lack of DNA samples, i've got zilch to do. Thus this blog has been created, to hopefully help abate this boredom, and give me an outlet to express myself.

Ofcourse, i still say 'blogging' is a fancy way of saying 'talking to yourself'. Anyway, this blog was really the brain child of one miss Ashvini(of The Coconut Chronicles), someone i met online only yesterday. Kelvinder introduced me to her, and she said she was blogging, and suggested i try it. And despite me saying that i was too lazy, and i'll probably get arrested by various govermnents for it, she convinced me (flattery always works).

So that means, all thanks and complaints to her please.

Yesterday, Manchester United played Arsenal in the Emirates. Both teams have been playing quite fantastically. I'm ofcourse a United supporter (i'm intelligent), and their latest run of results were very pleasing. How often does a team score four goals, four times in a row? No that often. But arsenal have been playing well too, the quick one touch passing, running off the ball play i love watching. I still think they're a bunch of moaning pansies and their manager isnt anywhere near Sir Fergie, but i must admit, i was rather skeptical about Uniteds chances of winning against them, especially after Liverpool just got away with a draw (i know its arsenal who were trailing, but really, Liverpool was on the backfoot the whole time).

So anyway, i was most delighted when United grabbed the first goal from under Arsenal's nose just before half time, and not in the least surprised when Arsenal equalised later. The match definitly was a great one, both teams playing like the top two teams in England (whihc they are), and when Evra made that astounding run to lay off Ronaldo, i jumped and whooped, spilling all my nice cheese flavoured twisties. From then on, i reckon united had the upper hand. A few scattered chances, with niether team really able to penetrate the other's penalty area much (Ferdinand rocks!), and Arsenal didnt really seem as threatening as they usually are.

BUT then.
Stoppage time. I was literally chewing my nails off, eyes glued to the screen. And then the worse possible possibility happened. A scrambled goal, given by the linesman (oh why, oh why, could he have no blinked?), and Arsenal salvaged a point. 2-2. Bastards.
I'll agree its a fair result though, and the title race is still wide open. But if arsenal JUST managed to wrangle out a point from United at the Emirates, i wish them all the best for their travels to Old Trafford.

One more interesting thing. Whihc team, at the end of the game, seemed more happy with the draw? Arsenal. That speaks for itself.

So anyway. I woke up today quite depressed. We were so close to grabbing a win. And taking a big leap towards retaining the title! And then all the dreams vanished, in a puff of linesman's flag. The amount of emotion we males invest in sport! Its more than most people invest in marriage! But hey, watching Evra dash into the Arsenal penalty area was certainly worth the investment.This is going to be the most interesting season yet.

So there you have it. My first blog. I wrote more than i expected i would, whihc is good, it means i'll probably write again sometime, when an interesting thought or two hit me.

So till then, Screw Out

No comments: